Title: Project Manager
Position Classification: Planner 1
Department: General Administration
Reports to: Executive Director
Represented - Non-Exempt
Studies have shown that candidates that are female and/or BIPOC are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet all the qualifications, they find in the job description. We are seeking the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be a person who comes from a less traditional background. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every minimum qualification described or are unsure if your experience could be considered related experience. Bilingual English/Spanish Encouraged
ABOUT OREGON CASCADES WEST COUNCIL OF
OCWCOG manages a variety of local, State, and
Federal programs to serve residents, local governments, and businesses in our
tri-County Region. OCWCOG is recognized by the State of Oregon as an Area
Commission on Transportation (ACT) and a Type B Medicaid Transfer Agency.
Additionally, the association is recognized by the Federal Government as an
Area Agency on Aging (AAA), an Economic Development District (EDD), an Economic
Development Revolving Loan Fund Coordinator, a U.S. Department of Agriculture
Revolving Loan Agency, and staffs the two Metropolitan Planning Organizations
(MPOs) in the Region. These designations increase OCWCOG’s ability to serve our
As an Oregon intergovernmental entity, in
addition to the programs and services that OCWCOG is required by State or
Federal contract to provide, OCWCOG helps businesses find appropriate capital;
facilitates seniors and persons with disabilities plan for independent living; coordinates
local road improvement priorities; and assists with administration and
technical support for its member governments.
works towards OCWCOG’s mission of helping the Region’s communities collaborate
to solve problems and connect member governments, businesses, and individuals
with a wide array of resources.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Serves as a technical resource for all agency programs providing the full spectrum Project Management. May actively manage the day-to-day progress of projects, or act as a resource providing tools and guidance for ongoing projects in the agency. May serve as an external resource to agency partners as needed.
Performs position duties in a manner, which promotes customer service and harmonious working relationships, including treating all persons courteously and respectfully. Engages in effective team participation through willingness to assist and support co-workers, supervisors, and other work related associations. Develops good working relationships with division and agency staff and supervisors through active participation in accomplishing group projects and in identifying and resolving problems in a constructive manner. Demonstrates openness of constructive feedback and suggestions, in an effort to strengthen work performance. Contributes to a positive, respectful and productive work atmosphere. Regular attendance is required to meet the demands of this job and to provide necessary services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
75% AGENCY PROJECT OVERSIGHT
• Facilitates Project Initiation activities
o Identifies stakeholders
o Facilitates project charter development
• Facilitates Project Planning activities
o Documents project management plan
• Resource planning and allotment
• Anticipates impact of Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations
Participates in budget planning
Develops communications plan
• Coordinates Project Work activities
o Monitors and reports project quality assurance
Follows Federal, State, and local laws, rules, and regulations
o Coordinates project team
o Tracks and reports on project procurement activities
o Implements communications plan
• Monitors and Reports on Project activities
o Controls scope
o Monitors, advises, and reports on change order activities
o Manages schedule
o Monitors and provides tracking of Issues/Risks and mitigation plans
o Tracks and monitors budget activities
• Close Project activities
o Verifies deliverables complete
o Closes procurements
o Conducts after action review and reports as needed.
15% DEVELOPS AND IMPLEMENTS PM TRAINING, TOOLS & RESOURCES
• Develops and provides PM training to enhance agency skills
• Develops standardized tools and resources for agency use
OTHER JOB DUTIES
10% Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work is generally performed primarily in an office environment with a routine computer and telephone usage, telework may be available on a part time basis. Position requires sitting and typing for long periods of time. Position may required attendance at occasional evening meetings. Regular travel throughout the three-county area will be required. Overnight travel in and out of the state may be required as needed.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Receives general supervision from the Executive Director.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
Experience & Training
Any combination of the following may be used to qualify:
- 3 or more years progressively responsible experience managing and/or coordinating projects
- Bachelors degree in a related field + 2 years' experience managing and/or coordinating projects
- Related certification, education, or experience that would demonstrates ability to perform duties of the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of business and management principles involved in resource allocation, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Knowledge of project management principles, processes, and techniques.
• Knowledge of team management principles and techniques.
• Skill in organization and multi-tasking.
• Skill in active listening to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made and asking questions as appropriate.
• Skill in communicating effectively as appropriate for the needs of the audience both written and verbal.
• Skill in service orientation to actively look for ways to help people.
• Skill in monitoring performance of self, individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
• Skill in adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
• Skill in analyzing operational needs and requirements
Licenses, Certificates, & Other Requirements
- Possession of a Valid Oregon Driver’s License, or the ability to obtain reliable transportation in order to travel throughout the area.
- PMP certification may be given preference.
- Position requires successful completion of a criminal history check.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. To successfully perform this job, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Starting salary is $28.32 - $37.97/hourly DOQE. A step increase will be awarded upon successful completion of a probationary period (typically six months), and then annually thereafter to the top of the range. OCWCOG offers an attractive benefits package including:
Retirement – OCWCOG pays both the employer’s percentage, and employee’s six percent (6%) contribution into the Oregon Public Employees System (PERS). In addition to PERS, OCWCOG pays into Social Security.
Insurance – For select plans, OCWCOG currently pays one hundred percent (100%) of the insurance premiums for the employee and their eligible dependents. The insurance package includes medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, alternative care, life, accidental death and dismemberment, as well as long-term care.
Holiday Leave – OCWCOG provides eleven and one half (11 ½) fixed holidays, plus two (2) personal days during each fiscal year.
Additional Benefits – Deferred compensation options, Long-term care Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Credit Union memberships, and options to participate in pre-tax Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account.
Sick Leave – Full-time employees accrue eight (8) hours of sick leave each month.
Vacation Leave – Full-time employees accrue vacation leave each month according to the following schedule:
0-36 months - 8 hours/month
37-72 months - 10 hours/month
73-144 months - 14 hours/month
145 months and above - 16 hours/month
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU).
You must submit the following application materials to be considered as a viable candidate:
- A current resume that clearly describes your experience, skills, and/or knowledge related to the requirements of the position and demonstrates that you meet qualifications of the position listed above.
- A cover letter explaining how your background, experience and training qualify you for this position. Please describe your experience and training specifically as they relate to the Desired Attributes.
If you are an eligible veteran and wish to claim veterans’ preference points AND you also meet the minimum qualifications for this position, the points will be added to your score. To receive veterans’ preference points, you MUST attach to your application materials the following required documentation:
• A copy of your DD214/DD215 form; OR a letter from the US Dept of Veteran’s Affairs indicating you receive a non-service connected pension for the five (5) point preference.
• A copy of your DD214/DD215 form; AND a copy of your veteran’s disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs for the ten (10) point preference.
OCWCOG provides veterans’ preference in employment to all eligible veterans. For more information, please go to the State website:
OCWCOG is an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer and is strongly committed to enhancing the diversity of its workforce. Assistance will be provided in the recruitment, application, and selection process to applicants with disabilities who request such assistance. Please call (541) 967-8720 as early as possible regarding any assistance you may require.
If you have any questions please contact HR at email@example.com. In the subject line please include the position title and the posting number #202242.
To apply scroll down to the bottom and click Apply.