This position is open until filled. We will do the first look at applicants on October 30th.
This position is a regular full-time (40 hours/week) benefits eligible position.
ABOUT OREGON CASCADES WEST COUNCIL OF
OCWCOG manages a variety of local, State, and
Federal programs to serve residents, local governments, and businesses in our
tri-County Region. OCWCOG is recognized by the State of Oregon as an Area
Commission on Transportation (ACT) and a Type B Medicaid Transfer Agency.
Additionally, the association is recognized by the Federal Government as an
Area Agency on Aging (AAA), an Economic Development District (EDD), an Economic
Development Revolving Loan Fund Coordinator, a U.S. Department of Agriculture
Revolving Loan Agency, and staffs the two Metropolitan Planning Organizations
(MPOs) in the Region. These designations increase OCWCOG’s ability to serve our
As an Oregon intergovernmental entity, in
addition to the programs and services that OCWCOG is required by State or
Federal contract to provide, OCWCOG helps businesses find appropriate capital;
facilitates seniors and persons with disabilities plan for independent living; coordinates
local road improvement priorities; and assists with administration and
technical support for its member governments.
works towards OCWCOG’s mission of helping the Region’s communities collaborate
to solve problems and connect member governments, businesses, and individuals
with a wide array of resources.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Performs loan closing tasks; prepares approved loan documents as well as loan servicing and collections tasks; spreadsheets and analyzes financial statements; and closes loans. Carries out clerical work required by the program; performs other related functions when needed. Works on special projects relating to the Community and Economic Development/Lending program.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Performs position duties in a manner, which promotes customer service and harmonious working relationships, including treating all persons courteously and respectfully. Engages in effective team participation through willingness to assist and support co-workers, supervisors, and other work related-associations. Develops good working relationships with division and agency staff and supervisors through active participation in accomplishing group projects and in identifying and resolving problems in a constructive manner. Demonstrates openness of constructive feedback and suggestions, in an effort to strengthen work performance. Contributes to a positive, respectful and productive work atmosphere. Regular attendance is required to meet the demands of this job and to provide necessary services.
- Responsible for closing loans under the lending program which includes pre-closing processing, typing and recording documents, perfecting lien positions, preparing submissions for legal or funding agent final approval, and all other duties involved in closing a loan.
- Assists with non-routine servicing tasks such as assumptions, collateral releases, collecting delinquent payments, litigation, and gathering information for the Loan Program Manager or Loan Officers.
- Maintains loan program filing system and periodically reorganizes as needed.
- Maintains loan program servicing computer files and tickler system, produces portfolio reports on a weekly, monthly, and as-needed basis.
- Responsible for servicing the loan portfolios which includes: site visits, updating and reviewing financial statements, and responding to servicing requests.
- Assists with application and closing process.
10% Other Job Duties
- Provides information to the staff and general public as needed and determines general eligibility of applicants for loan programs.
- Assists Loan Officers with package preparation as needed.
- Participates in evaluation of Community and Economic Development office procedures and suggests appropriate changes as necessary.
- Assists Community and Economic Development Director in various tasks relating to the Community and Economic Development/Lending program.
- Performs other administrative support activities for the Community and Economic Development/Lending program.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment utilizing a personal computer, telephone and a variety of office equipment. Position requires sitting for long periods of time and performing extensive computer work. Occasional travel may be required to monitor Providers, attend meetings and/or trainings.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Receives general direction from the Community and Economic Director.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
Experience & Training
Two years of college plus two years experience in commercial credit analysis or commercial loan closing and servicing; OR, any satisfactory equivalent combination of education, training and experience which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the duties of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Considerable knowledge of commercial loan processing, closing and servicing;
Considerable knowledge of business English and spelling;
Thorough knowledge and proficiency in the use of Microsoft software;
Knowledge of and an ability to operate a variety of standard office machines.
Ability to pay attention to detail;
Ability to exercise good time management skills in order to accomplish both daily tasks and on-going projects;
Ability to type accurately and efficiency in document preparation;
Ability to participate in the lending team by working collaboratively with team members;
Ability to carry out data entry, spreadsheet, and word processing tasks on a computer;
Ability to read, prepare and understand statistical reports and recognize mathematical and/or data entry errors;
Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing;
Ability to respond in a polite and efficient manner to inquiries from the public and other staff;
Ability to identify and refer significant policy inquiries to supervisor or appropriate staff;
Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects and a high volume of work,
Licenses, Certificates, & Other Requirements
Possession of a Valid Oregon Driver’s License, or the ability to obtain reliable transportation in order to travel throughout the three-county area.
Position requires successful completion of a criminal history check and driving record check.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by an employee occupying this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor or lead worker.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and abilities. To successfully perform this job, the employee will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
Starting salary is $22.53 - $30.17/hourly DOQE. A step increase will be awarded upon successful completion of a probationary period (typically six months), and then annually thereafter to the top of the range. OCWCOG offers an attractive benefits package including:
Retirement – OCWCOG pays both the employer’s percentage, and employee’s six percent (6%) contribution into the Oregon Public Employees System (PERS). In addition to PERS, OCWCOG pays into Social Security.
Insurance – For select plans, OCWCOG currently pays one hundred percent (100%) of the insurance premiums for the employee and their eligible dependents. The insurance package includes medical, prescription, dental and vision coverage, alternative care, life, accidental death and dismemberment.
Holiday Leave – OCWCOG provides ten and one half (10 ½) fixed holidays, plus two (2) personal days during each fiscal year.
Additional Benefits – Deferred compensation options, Long-term care Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Credit Union memberships, and options to participate in pre-tax Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account.
Sick Leave – Full-time employees accrue eight (8) hours of sick leave each month.
Vacation Leave – Full-time employees accrue vacation leave each month according to the following schedule:
0-36 months - 8 hours/month
37-72 months - 10 hours/month
73-144 months - 14 hours/month
145 months and above - 16 hours/month
This position is represented by the Service Employees International Union (SEIU), pursuant to Article 14 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
You must submit the following application materials to be considered as a viable candidate:
1. A current resume that clearly describes your experience, skills, and/or knowledge related to the requirements of the position and demonstrates that you meet qualifications of the position listed above.
2. A cover letter explaining how your background, experience and training qualify you for this position. Please describe your experience and training specifically as they relate to the Minimum Qualifications.
If you are an eligible veteran and wish to claim veterans’ preference points AND you also meet the minimum qualifications for this position, the points will be added to your score. To receive veterans’ preference points, you MUST attach to your application materials the following required documentation:
• A copy of your DD214/DD215 form; OR a letter from the US Department of Veteran’s Affairs indicating you receive a non-service connected pension for the five (5) point preference.
• A copy of your DD214/DD215 form; AND a copy of your veteran’s disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veterans’ Affairs for the ten (10) point preference.
provides veterans’ preference in employment to all eligible veterans. For more information, please go to the State website:
an equal opportunity/ affirmative action employer and is strongly committed to
enhancing the diversity of its workforce.
Assistance will be provided in the recruitment, application and
selection process to applicants with disabilities who request such
assistance. Please call (541) 812-6016 as early as possible
regarding any assistance you may require.
If you have any questions please contact HR at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line please include the position title and the posting number.
To apply scroll down to the bottom and click Apply.
The Position Number for this position is 202040.